[syslinux] Looking for mkdosfs for Syslinux 1.67

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:09:25 PDT 2015

On Jul 23, 2015 4:07 PM, "Didier Spaier via Syslinux" <syslinux at zytor.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> On 23/07/2015 19:14, pat via Syslinux wrote:
>>
>> I'm a unix newbe....so deal with me here.
>
> Don't worry. We are her to help.
>

>> I have a .iso copy of syslinux 1.67 (which actually might be ISOlinux??)
>
> I don't know how you got that but syslinux 1.67 was released more than
> 13 years ago and AFAIK never distributed as an ISO, at least by the
project.

Sure sounds like a stone age ISO with an El Torito record for ISOLINUX
1.67.  Perhaps some distro ISO?

>> but my version doesnt have the mkdosfs utility on it.

mkdosfs shouldn't be a part of Syslinux but rather dosfsutils.

>> I was looking for an executable that would work with this version...
>>
>> can someone point me toward such an animal???

> I suggest that you tell us what you plan and need to do, so it will be
easier to help you.

> Best regards,
> Didier

Second.  What's the real goal?

On Jul 23, 2015 3:12 PM, "Didier Spaier via Syslinux" <syslinux at zytor.com>
wrote:

> PS (addendum to my previous answer)
>
> I found the message announcing it in the archives:
> http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2002-February/000103.html
>
> However it is not available from the repository:
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/1.xx/
>
> Didier

It appears the official 1.67 release is missing from the archive.

--Gene