[syslinux] Looking for mkdosfs for Syslinux 1.67

pat at patotoole.net pat at patotoole.net
Fri Jul 24 12:18:52 PDT 2015

since a few of you asked what I use it for...since I'm not a unix person..
I started using it back in 2002...to update hard drives that used a
'superfloppy format' (if anyone remembers the old DigitalWallet from
Minds at work!) I fixed several of them after the company went belly up
for photographer friends of mine.

I mostly use it to do HD maintance...fixing fats...restoring backup
copies..etc.  I found it simplier (and more dangerous) to use the DD
rather than software packages...alot more flexibility. I've written
a few small scripts to do what I need over the years.

I guess...what I need is a 'mini unix'..that will boot from cd
and run in ramdisk..without installing anything on the HD...
(I first found this via a link on an old minds at work webpage)
that also has dostools..that include, of course, mkdosfs.

True--this version must be really old....so a newer one would work
just as good...just didnt know what to look for.  Most newer versions
seemed to be packages to install...maybe what I'm looking for is a
unix recovery type disc??

Thankx all :)

~Pat