[syslinux] Status of support for secotr sizes >512b

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Mon Jun 1 03:11:45 PDT 2015

Hello,

can someone give me a short summary on the status of support for sector
sizes >512bytes in SYSLINUX?

The installer obviously still doesn't support it, at least it complains
about "unsupported sector size" when used on a 4k-sector disk. I read
somewhere that this is only a problem of the installer, and that
SYSLINUX itself would work if it got installed "by other tools".
Unfortunately, I found no hint as to what other tools could be used for
this.

Thanks,
Andreas