[syslinux] chainloading syslinux from an EFI partition to an ext4

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 6 07:22:45 PDT 2015

> 1) the EFI BIOS loads the EFI syslinux
> 2) the EFI syslinux chainloads the extlinux that is on a separate partition
> 3) the extlinux loads the kernel & initrd that are colocated in the
> same directory
>
> point 2 is failing
>
> I hope this is more clear than my previous, long, post :-)
>
> --
> igor

FWIW, the most current (or "up-to-date") documentation about chain.c32
at this time is located at:
 http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Chain.c32

Note that, in the official wiki of The Syslinux Project, the wiki pages
containing "... /Doc/ ..." are mainly copies of documents already
included in some official release, which are usually outdated.

As per the intended setup, it is not possible. There are several
reasons for such impossibility.

*Independently of this particular case*, if someone wants to improve
chain.c32 (or any other part of Syslinux), patches are welcome.

Regards,
Ady.