[syslinux] git daemon on zytor is back in action

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:54:39 PDT 2015

> On 06/09/2015 11:54 PM, H. Peter Anvin via Syslinux wrote:
> > The git daemon on zytor is now functional again, as I managed to carve
> > out a little bit of time to dig into the selinux problem.  Cloning git
> > via either http://git.zytor.com/ or git://git.zytor.com/
> >
> > However, the web interface is still broken.  I'll see if I can fix it in
> > the next few minutes, otherwise I'll probably have to pass.
> >
> > 	-hpa
>
> Alright, it looks like gitweb-caching is simply no longer maintained, so
> I bit the bullet and switched git.zytor.com over to using cgit.  It
> seems to work for me, holler if it doesn't...
>
> 	-hpa

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

Moving from gitweb-caching to cgit causes most http(s) links that are
already pointing to git.zytor.com to fail with the message "Invalid
request".

Such links might exist in bug reports, mailing lists, documentation,
and wiki pages; certainly in those that are part of The Syslinux
Project.

Considering that gitweb is part of (or bundled with) the Git
distribution archives, is it really necessary to move to cgit?

Perhaps it is possible to simply keep (at least for now) the latest
version available of gitweb-caching?

Or perhaps there is a way to avoid the "Invalid request" message? Maybe
by some (automatic) redirection to the adequate corresponding new
"cgit" link?

In the case of the official Syslinux wiki, we could manually update
every failing link, but that doesn't help links already posted in prior
emails (e.g. in the Syslinux Mailing List, in bugzilla.syslinux.org
...). And then there are other (external) sites, mailing lists, bug
reports...

@Warthog9, any suggestions?

TIA,
Ady.