[syslinux] git daemon on zytor is back in action

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:28:05 PDT 2015

> > Or perhaps there is a way to avoid the "Invalid request" message? Maybe
> > by some (automatic) redirection to the adequate corresponding new
> > "cgit" link?
>
> It certainly would be possible to do a redirection, if one can come up
> with a mapping from gitweb queries to cgit queries, which I don't know
> if someone has already done...

Apparently, it has been done, (e.g. fedoraproject.org _partially_ did
it).

I have found:
 http://ao2.it/en/blog/2011/05/06/migrate-gitweb-cgit-url-rewrite-rules

It mentions similar goals, of maintaining already-posted links as
valid.

Whether it is appropriate for our case, I don't know.

The idea (well, what I would like to see) is that links already
pointing to something like:
 http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commit;h=<SOME_COMMIT>
would *redirect* to:
 http://git.zytor.com/syslinux/syslinux.git/commit/?id=<SOME_COMMIT>
for example and among others.

Some other _examples_ for automatic *redirection* (and there might be
others):