[syslinux] git daemon on zytor is back in action

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jun 11 02:41:32 PDT 2015

On 06/10/2015 09:28 PM, Ady via Syslinux wrote:

> Apparently, it has been done, (e.g. fedoraproject.org _partially_ did
> it).
>
> I have found:
>   http://ao2.it/en/blog/2011/05/06/migrate-gitweb-cgit-url-rewrite-rules
>
> It mentions similar goals, of maintaining already-posted links as
> valid.
>
> Whether it is appropriate for our case, I don't know.

I did find this, and hacked up a script based on their research... I
didn't really feel comfy with their use of mod_rewrite which is pretty
much undebuggable and black magic, but used a CGI script instead.  It at
least currently seems to work well enough that we're not completely
horked in terms of existing URLs, but if someone finds a URL that
doesn't work, I'll hammer on it.