[syslinux] git daemon on zytor is back in action

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:59:52 PDT 2015

> On 06/11/2015 07:24 AM, Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> >
> >  (snip)
> >
> >> horked in terms of existing URLs, but if someone finds a URL that
> >> doesn't work, I'll hammer on it.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Perhaps the following (examples of) redirection links could be
> > improved?
> >

> OK, I think I have fixed these, at least to the extend that doing so is
> possible/practical.
>
> 	-hpa

Thank you Peter.

I have to apologize. I might have made some mistake or some
complex-mixing in my prior post, thus making it more complicated than
needed regarding "tags".

The ";a=heads -> /refs/heads" is now OK:
 http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=heads
 http://git.zytor.com/syslinux/syslinux.git/refs/heads

But the ";a=tags -> /refs/tags" is not OK yet (should be easy to
correct, right?):
 http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=tags
 http://git.zytor.com/syslinux/syslinux.git/refs/tags

Additionally, there is also ";h=refs/tags/ -> /tag/?id=":

http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/sys
linux-4.07
 http://git.zytor.com/syslinux/syslinux.git/tag/?id=syslinux-4.07

but in this case the ";h=" part of the old gitweb-caching link _might_
conflict with its ";a=" part for the conversion / redirection (see
below).

These old links (using ";h=ref/tags/") were all valid (and different),
and were all available from the ";a=tags" screen (among others):

http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/syslinux
-4.07

http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/sys
linux-4.07

http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commit;h=61f106ba8a5b2a7
c2d9855291fd9e7f4a4d3143d

http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=tag;h=a4fcb6d867aadcaf5a
f8f87eb1ba96abe2748159

so I am not sure how this ";h=refs/tags/" should be managed.

Perhaps "Warthog9" might have some suggestion about these
";h=refs/tags/" cases?

Regarding snapshots, an old gitweb-caching link such as:
http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=snapshot;h=61f106ba8a5b2
a7c2d9855291fd9e7f4a4d3143d;sf=tgz

seems to be converted now to something like:
http://git.zytor.com/syslinux/syslinux.git/snapshot/syslinux-61f106ba8a5
b2a7c2d9855291fd9e7f4a4d3143d.tar.gz?id=61f106ba8a5b2a7c2d9855291fd9e7f4
a4d3143d

Note the extra "id=..." part at the end, after the "tar.gz". It still
downloads
the tar.gz archive, and I wouldn't want to interfere with some other
redirection. It still works, but I thought I should mention it, just in
case it
happens to matter for some other link. On the other hand, perhaps the
ending
"id=..." here is required by some other conversion / redirection, for
example
from an old link that uses some tag or some head reference, instead of
using
the same commit id?

TIA,
Ady.