[syslinux] repo.or.cz links are no longer valid. WAS: git daemon on zytor is back in action

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:57:39 PDT 2015

> On 06/15/2015 01:08 PM, Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> >
> > Example in repo.or.cz:
> >
> > tag name:
> >  http://repo.or.cz/syslinux.git
> >   /tag/refs/tags/syslinux-4.07
> >
> > tag hash:
> >  http://repo.or.cz/syslinux.git
> >   /tag/a4fcb6d867aadcaf5af8f87eb1ba96abe2748159
> >
> > If I understand correctly, the corresponding syntax for git.zytor.com
> > and kernel.org would (should?) use:
> >  "?id=/tag/refs/<TAG_NAME>"
> > (or at least one "/" right after the "?id=")
> > and
> >  "?id=<TAG_HASH>".
> >
> > I don't know whether this is a limitation / problem in cgit itself, or
> > in the current conversion / redirection.
> >

> Well, if you can find a working cgit URL I can probably make the
> conversion do the right thing.
>
> 	-hpa

After taking over repo.or.cz/syslinux.git, the aforementioned
previously-valid links are no longer valid :(. Perhaps not only "tags"
are no longer valid.

Also, the "tag" hyperlinks that were visible before are now no longer
there in repo.or.cz/syslinux.git.

Note that when clicking on the main "refs" hyperlink (in the upper line
of links in the web interface) the list should be including both,
"refs/heads" and "refs/tags". This was the way to avoid any potential
conflict of any kind. The "refs/tags" list is no longer there :(.

Unfortunately, I lack the necessary knowledge so to help with this. I
just know that we (users) have now less features available in the web
interface in repo.or.cz/syslinux.git than we had a couple of days ago
:(.

I hope there is still some possibility to get the same web interface
features that we had before (I am _not_ focusing on conversion /
redirection here, but in current features of the web interface).

Thank you and Best Regards,
Ady.