[syslinux] repo.or.cz links are no longer valid.

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Jun 16 21:24:55 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 05:57:39AM +0300, Ady via Syslinux wrote:

> After taking over repo.or.cz/syslinux.git, the aforementioned
> previously-valid links are no longer valid :(. Perhaps not only "tags"
> are no longer valid.
>
> Also, the "tag" hyperlinks that were visible before are now no longer
> there in repo.or.cz/syslinux.git.
>
> Note that when clicking on the main "refs" hyperlink (in the upper line
> of links in the web interface) the list should be including both,
> "refs/heads" and "refs/tags". This was the way to avoid any potential
> conflict of any kind. The "refs/tags" list is no longer there :(.
>
> Unfortunately, I lack the necessary knowledge so to help with this. I
> just know that we (users) have now less features available in the web
> interface in repo.or.cz/syslinux.git than we had a couple of days ago
> :(.
>
> I hope there is still some possibility to get the same web interface
> features that we had before (I am _not_ focusing on conversion /
> redirection here, but in current features of the web interface).
>
> Thank you and Best Regards,

And thanks for reporting.

I haven't yet taken a closer look at the web representation of a git repo.

The transition is still in progress. I'm waiting for an announce that
`git clone SOME_URL` is ready.

When  git cloning and git pulling is possible, then I'm happy.

A web view on the repo is low priority to me. My advice in this:
* Let the migration stablize
* Wonder how much HTML caching there is
* Find contact with maintainers of the web sauce

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven