[syslinux] Testing for ISO boot in init-premount

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Mon Jun 22 23:11:49 PDT 2015

Varugis Kurien via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> writes:

> I have a scenario where I need to test for whether I have booted via a
> syslinux ISO image in init-premount as opposed to (say) PXE boot. Is
> there any variable that I can test for this?

I don't think you can do this without bootloader support.  And if you
can configure your boot loaders, then you can freely vary your kernel
command line or initrd contents, so this question does not arise...
So I'm not sure what you're after.  Maybe check out the IPAPPEND (or
SYSAPPEND) directive.
Feri.