[syslinux] EFI: PXE: "My IP is 0.0.0.0"

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 07:49:50 PDT 2015

 Commit 23b2707 should resolve this.  Please
 let me know if you need
 test binaries

 --
 -Gene
 <<<

1)  About the Service Binding protocols, PXE protocol, etc having the same handle# is clear if we
see that the number is in fact the "Device Handle" supporting all those protocols.
(clearly said at UEFI_Driver_Writer_Guide_V1.0.1_120308.pdf)

2) about your last commit
2.1) I think I found a couple of issues check them corrected at
https://github.com/ppatpat/syslinux/

  a) a missing return; on an error condition at efi/pxe.c\net_parse_dhcp()
  b) you close a protocol before creating its child at efi/main.c\efi_create_binding()

2.2) I think "image_DeviceHandle" instead of "pxe_DeviceHandle" produces a code easier to follow;
specially when we end up using that handle to create a TCP4 or UDP4 child...

Best,
Patrick