[syslinux] Problem boot PXE UEFI on HP ML350 Gen9

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:58:27 PST 2015

> Hi All,
>
>     My PXE configurations works fine for a bios PXE (the server in legacy
> mode) but hangs in an EUFI mode. Look like  it can transfer the bootx64.efi
> but not the next one ldlinux.e64
>

>   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Latest updates (including firmware) for the HP ML350 Gen9 were released
on 2014DEC19 (v1.21); I would suggest double-checking that you are
using the latest (firmware and related tools) version, before starting
any other troubleshooting procedures.

Have you tested with official upstream binaries already included in the
official archives downloaded from kernel.org (not from some particular
build / 'make', neither from some (Linux) distro packages)? Please be
sure to test with the latest version from kernel.org (v6.03 stable
release, ATM).

Please remember not to mix versions. The version of the ldlinux
module(s) shall match the same exact version of the bootloader.

BTW, there was a report here during 2015FEB about problems with one Hp
DL380p Gen9 server. In that case, a specific filter for a pcap report
was suggested. Unfortunately, there is/was no feedback in this Syslinux
Mailing List about a possible resolution following that pcap report.

Regards,
Ady.