[syslinux] Loading progress indication

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Mar 16 14:50:56 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 03:16:22PM +0000, Paul Civati via Syslinux wrote:
> So I just realised that things were changed and the presence of the 'quiet'
> keyword on the command line suppresses some status messages about
>
> I had thought this keyword was strictly for the kernel..
>
> I only realise this now from the note in the change log for 3.74 - so I
> suppose my suggestion is not quite so important if you remove the
> 'quiet' keyword from your config.
>
> I don't know if anyone else cares for more informational display about

I did missed yesterday, while using lpxelinux 6.03, twice a progress indicator.

First time it looked like a complete hang.

Removing the 'quiet' parameter showed 'Loading  kernel name'

Second time I had a tcpdump running on another machine.
Yes, seeing the progress on the actual target would indeed be nice.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven