[syslinux] error code 1 while using syslinux

Amardeep Verma addverma at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 07:56:36 PDT 2015

Hi,
I am trying to create a bootable linux usb drive using syslinux command as given below but I am getting error as given below

syslinux4.exe -maf G:
Return code : 1
Output :
Error : Could not write the whole boot sector

I have tried to do this with syslinux4, syslinux5, syslinux6 with the same error message. The usb drive is formatted to FAT32 drive system and has a capacity of 4GB. The OS that I am using is Windows XP SP3.

What may be the reason behind this error? And how do I resolve it?