[syslinux] 32-bit and 64-bit UEFI syslinux in the fallback location on the same ESP

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Fri May 15 08:14:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

Ady via Syslinux wrote (14 May 2015 11:06:23 GMT) :
>> * Is it possible to instruct a syslinux UEFI bootloader (e.g.
>>   the 32-bit one, installed in EFI/BOOT/bootia32.efi) to load its
>>   modules from a different directory?

> Using the PATH directive is one possibility (but not the only one).

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, and for the detailed explanations
that follow.

> A _manual_ selection is possible. The following is one alternative, but
> there are other possibilities available too.
[...]
> 3_ A minimal "EFI/BOOT/SYSLINUX.CFG" could be something similar to:

>  SAY Select UEFI architecture:
>  SAY Press [Enter] for 64-bit UEFI (default); or,
>  SAY type-in IA32 [Enter] for 32-bit UEFI.
>  DEFAULT X64
>  PROMPT 1
>  TIMEOUT 60
>  # Optionally, change the values of the timer and the prompt,
>  #  or avoid them, according to the desired behavior.
>  LABEL X64
>  CONFIG X64/X64.CFG
>  LABEL IA32
>  CONFIG IA32/IA32.CFG

OK, I got the general idea.

So my next question is: is there any mean to do that without requiring
user interaction? In other words: can syslinux decide itself,
depending on the bootloader that was loaded? And if it can't, is there
the equivalent of ifcpu64 for UEFI architectures?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri