[syslinux] extlinux 6.03 serial console not responding to input

Dany St-Amant dany.ephemeral.2014 at icloud.com
Tue May 19 14:13:25 PDT 2015

Replying to the original e-mail as the thread was containing little extra useful information (beside the fact that the issue was similar as to when the flow control values were not provided at all).

Based a quick look at the code I had on hand 2.06 and 6.01. I would suggest that you use a decimal number instead of an hexadecimal one for the flow control.

The assembly parseint() of 2.06 supported decimal,octal,hexadecimal and some val+K, val+M. The new C parsing code uses plain atoi() which appears to be quite limited.

So both your 0x003 and 0x00b are handled as 0, causing you to go back to before you introduced these values.

Regards,
Dany