[syslinux] git clone of syslinux with http - submodule issue

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:49:04 PST 2015

> The wiki:

As of the moment I am writing this email, the current version of the
page you are actually referring to:

 http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Development&oldid=4419

was last edited on 2015Oct25.

> says to use this to clone git with http rather than git protocol:
> 	git clone --recursive http://repo.or.cz/syslinux.git a-new-directory
>
> That works for the main project, but fails for the gnu-efi
> submodule, which specifies the git protocol in its .config file:
>

> ---
> Robert Elliott, HPE Persistent Memory

As of the current version of the aforementioned wiki page, I would not
had interpreted the text the same way you wrote it here.

Anyway, have you actually tried the first suggested method to clone the
repo:

 git clone --recursive git://repo.or.cz/syslinux.git a-new-directory

using git, not http? Is _that_ working correctly?

Regards,
Ady.