[syslinux] UEFI: Failed to load ldlinux.e64/ldlinux.e32

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 06:08:54 PDT 2015

Jeff Sloan and at least one other person were pushing for the manual
approach but at the expense of avoiding UseDefaultAddress.  This takes
a balanced approach for UDP.
<<<
Good approach Gene. Blaming FW errors and just seat and wait for their fixeswill only produce a non robust EFI Syslinux that will only work "sometimes".

>> _ Updating the firmware is probably still very much recommended.
>
> Waiting on an updated version of the firmware is however not an option.

To a phantom version that doesn't exist.<<<
Exactly !

The fix an employee of one of those suggested is to basically disable
UseDefaultAddress, not to fix UseDefaultAddress in their firmware.
<<<
Good again;
I think "Adaptation" always comes before "Collaboration"

Best,Patrick