[syslinux] UEFI: Failed to load ldlinux.e64/ldlinux.e32

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:09:57 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Ashish, Shivendra
<shivendra.ashish at hpe.com> wrote:
> Still getting error
>
> Disable uderdefault address

1) I'm presuming this is actually "disable UseDefaultAddress"

> Core_udp_sento: udp->configure unsuccessful
>
> This message lopping in console

Not entirely surprising (for now) though I'd expect more output than
just that and the rest of those messages would likely tell me exactly
what the return codes are.

More importantly, you didn't mention what else you observed or any
details about your test.  I thought you just said the previous binary
had initially good outlook on a DL380 G9?  Details like which machines
work, which don't, and the basic layout of your PXE system would be
helpful, including:

- Make/model of system
- UEFI firmware revision
- What NIC type and port number?
- UEFI extension agents (struggling to recall the proper term;
comparable to a BIOS PXE OROM for add-in cards)
- Was a proxyDHCP/PXE server involved in addition to DHCP?
- Where do the DHCP server and proxyDHCP/PXE server live relative to
the client and each other (ie different subnets)?
- What precisely did you observe?  On the screen?  booting behavior?
- Have you performed any packet captures, preferably an tap/packet
mirror capture?
- TFTP or HTTP transfer

In your case, the only obvious thing is that it seems like it's TFTP transfer.

--
-Gene