[syslinux] Hyper-V Gen 2 waiting for ldlinux.e64

Clements, James James.Clements at affiliate.oliverwyman.com
Wed Oct 7 15:58:51 PDT 2015

> > > The screen displays the following:
> > >
> > > PXE Network Boot using IPv4
> > >    Station IP address is 192.168.205.50
> > >    Server IP address is 192.168.205.1
> > >    NBP filename is efi64/syslinux.efi
> > >    NBP filesize is 200096 Bytes
> > >    Downloading NBP file...
> > >    Successfully downloaded NBP file.
> > > Getting cached packet
> > > My IP is 192.168.205.50
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James
> >
> > So nothing with "disable UseDefaultAddress"
> > No signs of any repeating / any loops  on the console of the booting VM.
> >
> > IIRC can
> >
> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Development/Debugging#Syslinux
> > _Dynamic_Debugger
> > only be used after ldlinux being loaded ...
> >

> Nope, nothing like that. I'm not really sure how to proceed, but I notice on
> your IRC channel that you advertise a 'devel 6.04-preN' verion. Is it worth me
> trying that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Correct me if I am wrong but if I understand correctly, syslinux.efi is what drives the request for ldlinux.e64. Is there a way we can enable some debug somehow to see why the request for ldlinux.e64 includes the tsize option? Or even disable the tsize option (as it appears it may be causing the UEFI to hang)?

James

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.