[syslinux] com32/mboot/map.c: removed trailing spaces

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:45:46 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Geert Stappers via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 03:10:26PM +0300, Ady via Syslinux wrote:
>> From: Geert Stappers <stappers at nero.gpm.stappers.nl>
>> >
>> > com32/mboot/map.c: removed trailing spaces
>> >
>> > They were introduced by the patch for ELF64 support.
>>

>> IMHO, the trivial trailing-space cleanup could be included in the same
>> commit too, instead of adding an additional commit just for it. That
>> is, if there is no additional correction / improvement required.
>
> I think it is a good thing to just accept a patch that is good enough
> and do reflow work in an additional patch.
>
> I see several advantages:
>
>  * a clear signal of "patch accepted"
>  * making visible how a patch is made better
>  * no merge conflict for those who have the original patch applied
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> --
> Leven en laten leven

I see advantages both ways.  For so few lines, it can be debatable.
For many lines or if the patch was already in a git repo that could be
merged, it can be better to separate.

Looking around, there appear to be a lot of small places needing some
whitespace cleanup/reconciliation.

I already merged it as an edited merge with addendum to note such.

--
-Gene