[syslinux] Isohybrid wiki page and UEFI

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:08:57 PDT 2015

> EFI from CD/DVD/BD has a soft size limit of 32 MB for its
> System Partition.
> That's due to the format of El Torito Boot Catalog which
> counts the 512-bytes blocks by a 16-bit unsigned integer.

@Thomas,

If you would be so kind, would you please remind me (us)...

Is this "32MiB" a limitation related to the UEFI specs in any way? Or
is it relevant for BIOS (non-EFI) too?

Is this limitation related to the El Torito "emulation" methods/types
(01/02/03)?

Is this limitation also valid / relevant for the first/default entry in
the Boot Catalog? Or is it only relevant for the second+ entries (i.e.
the non-default entries in the boot catalog)?

Would you please clarify the meaning of your qualifier, "_soft_ size
limit"?

TIA,
Ady.