[syslinux] Still fighting localboot on EFI - looping

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Oct 26 13:31:10 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 02:03:08PM -0600, Alan Sparks via Syslinux wrote:
> On 10/26/2015 1:46 PM, Geert Stappers via Syslinux wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 12:09:40PM -0600, Alan Sparks via Syslinux wrote:
> >> I'm still trying fruitlessly to get some sort of local disk boot from
> >> syslinux EFI to work... using the 6.03 modules.  Tried various
> >> combinations of configurations on Gene's test binaries.
> >
> > The test binariers Gene provided don't have a localboot module.
> >
> > It is wrong to mix components from different builds.
> >

> What localboot module?  What mix?   My understanding was "localboot" is
> a built-in command - e.g. "localboot -1" in a menu.c32 configuration as
> I mentioned.   There's no apparent fetch attempt for a localboot module.

You could be right at that.
Yes, it means I would be wrong about localboot being an external module.

In the directory with syslinux source tree where I did `make`

 $ find . -name localboot.c32
 ./efi64/com32/samples/localboot.c32
 ./efi32/com32/samples/localboot.c32
 ./bios/com32/samples/localboot.c32

Thing I'm try to say: there are localboot.c32 modules being build.

> > > Has anyone any advice on how to make localboot work on EFI, any tricks?
> > >  Is there any other alternatives?  Any debugging I can do on this end to
> > > help?
> >
> > Build from git.
> > Add print statements.

Groeten