[syslinux] Still fighting localboot on EFI - looping

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Mon Oct 26 13:46:13 PDT 2015

On 10/26/2015 2:31 PM, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 02:03:08PM -0600, Alan Sparks via Syslinux wrote:
>> On 10/26/2015 1:46 PM, Geert Stappers via Syslinux wrote:
>>> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 12:09:40PM -0600, Alan Sparks via Syslinux wrote:

>> What localboot module?  What mix?   My understanding was "localboot" is
>> a built-in command - e.g. "localboot -1" in a menu.c32 configuration as
>> I mentioned.   There's no apparent fetch attempt for a localboot module.
>
> You could be right at that.
> Yes, it means I would be wrong about localboot being an external module.
>
> In the directory with syslinux source tree where I did `make`
>
>  $ find . -name localboot.c32
>  ./efi64/com32/samples/localboot.c32
>  ./efi32/com32/samples/localboot.c32
>  ./bios/com32/samples/localboot.c32
>
> Thing I'm try to say: there are localboot.c32 modules being build.

I do see those.   I did not have those installed, and were no requests
for them in TFTP logs.   I have tried installing the efi64 localboot.c32
module, and tried replacing "localboot -1" with "kernel localboot.32
-1", with the same result.

I could add print statements, but as of yet have no idea where.
-Alan