[syslinux] Isohybrid wiki page and UEFI

Jur van der Burg jur at digiater.nl
Fri Oct 30 01:58:40 PDT 2015

> BTW I've reproduced the red screen I get with another case: when using the
> option -r blksize for the tftp server in PXE mode. Maybe it can give an
> idea to someone.

I've seen that before. We have a product that uses syslinux to boot
either via bios or uefi and that works great. Sometimes however we get
the same dumps as you've shown there, and that was always the case on
proliant Gen9 systems (BL460, DL360). We used to work around it by
forcing the systems to boot via bios instead of uefi, but there is
another way.

Yesterday I ran into an article on the hp website with and explanation
and a workaround (Windows server 2008 R2 has the same issue):

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0123842

It seems to originate from switching graphics mode, for example with
menu.c32 or vesamenu.c32. Setting UEFI Optimized Boot to Disabled should
take care of the issue.

Jur.