[syslinux] Call to become new committer/maintainer

Paulo Alcantara pcacjr at zytor.com
Tue Sep 1 16:58:55 PDT 2015

Hi,

My name is Paulo Alcantara. I've been working on BIOS/UEFI firmware and
file systems development for a long time already. For those does not
know, in the past few years I used to be an active Syslinux contributor
and added support to NTFS and XFS file systems, GSoC mentor for
Syslinux in 2012, did some bugfixes and some code refactoring (e.g. x86
assembly to pure C) and currently working on multifs support for both
UEFI and BIOS.

Syslinux was one the first (and the best, IMO) open source projects I
ever worked on and it's *really* sad to see it dying slowly due to no
enough time (or any other personal-related thing) from both HPA and
Genec sides. We've seen a lot of patches on the mailing lists that did
not get chance to be either reviewed or applied and that means we will
potentially loose a lot contributions -- or even worse, contributors.

Therefore, I'm here to call to become the new committer/maintainer of
the Syslinux project and help the project as much as I can on
reviewing/applying patches, tracking and fixing bugs, supporting new
contributors and the project itself.

Thanks,

Paulo

--