[syslinux] HDT & DMI updates

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 03:18:27 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 4:41 AM, Erwan Velu via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been off for a pretty long time and I'm trying to resume a little bit.
>
> While testing HDT I found some serious bugs in HDT's CLI mode but also took
> the time to update the DMI detection tables.
>
> Please find my hw_update branch which is in sync with the current git tree.
> https://github.com/ErwanAliasr1/syslinux/commits/hw_update

f249d92b doesn't feel right.  After parsing, it should become an array
of many pointers, one per argument.  You do this allocation in
parse_command_line() properly but I believe due to the indirection,
it's not being applied correctly.  Don't we need the address of (1) an
array (2) of pointers (3) to blocks of chars?

static void parse_command_line(char *line, char **command, char **module,
                   int *argc, char **argv)

should probably be

static void parse_command_line(char *line, char **command, char **module,
                   int *argc, char ***argv)

with other appropriate changes while

    parse_command_line(line, &command, &module, &argc, argv);

should be

    parse_command_line(line, &command, &module, &argc, &argv);

Let me know.

--
-Gene