[syslinux] HP EFI binaries

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Sep 2 06:26:56 PDT 2015

On 30/08/15 12:10, Gene Cumm via Syslinux wrote:
> Those should produce debug text listing the original PxeBc handle and
> its full MAC then proceed to list the UDPv4Sb handles and their MACs.
> I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to get the handle
> numbers that the shells use.

I looked into this for iPXE.  From memory, it wasn't easily possible:
the shell handle numbers conceptually exist only within that invocation
of the shell, and don't represent any property of the underlying handle.

If it helps,
http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/blob/HEAD:/src/interface/efi/efi_debug.c
shows the code that iPXE uses to dump out meaningful labels for
arbitrary handles.  This generates names such as:

   PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/MAC(525400123456,0x1)
   ConIn
   wdsmgfw

and when no descriptive naming scheme can be found, falls back to
dumping the raw handle and a list of installed protocols, such as

   UNKNOWN<0x3f0df318,SimpleTextIn,SimpleTextInEx>

Michael