[syslinux] TFTP-HPA beginner needs help

John radio at mediacombb.net
Wed Sep 2 06:28:22 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to flash new firmware into a router using TFTP-HPA.  I am
running Ubuntu 14.04 on a flash drive and still learning how to use
Linux.  I have also installed XINETD.D

In one of the README files that comes with TFTP-HPA it said not to
call it using tptp.

Here are the instructions I'm trying to follow:

        cd /tmp ; tftp -gl aa 192.168.0.9; sh aa

I do not know what tftp server was used by the person that wrote
these commands and cannot seem to get a password to post on board on
which they were posted.

Can you tell me how I should modify these commands?

John