[syslinux] [PULL 0/8] MultiFS suppport for BIOS and EFI

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:59:04 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 3:56 PM, H. Peter Anvin via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 07/23/2015 02:09 PM, Raphael S Carvalho via Syslinux wrote:
>>>
>> My sincere opinion is to apply this patchset as-is, and incrementally
>> improve multifs. Lack of alternatives (additional features) *should not* be
>> a reason to block this patchset. Again, I really think that this patchset
>> should be applied unless a technical reason, e.g. some deficiency
>> introduced by one of the patches, says otherwise. HPA, what do you think?
>>

> Step 1 is to commit it on a branch.

I've actually been thinking about multifs since at least May and
perhaps March.  I think its change-set is enough that it warrants a
release unto itself.  When we're ready for 6.04, release 6.04, merge
mutlifs, release 6.10, and probably update gnu-efi and release 6.11.
Both of these change enough that they may have large impacts and
warrant separation.

I think HPA does have the right idea.  Make a multifs branch to give
it more traction and exposure.

--
-Gene