[syslinux] Monthly posting

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 03:37:52 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Eternal September via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What text should be in monthly posting to this mailingist, the Syslinux mailinglist?

I'm a little confused.  Are you suggesting that we should also publish
a monthly status email to the list?  Or are you confusing the
zytor.com mailman account reminder email for a monthly status email?
The zytor.com mailman services has at least 8 public lists, several of
which don't relate much to Syslinux.

> Things I have in mind:
>
> * That gettng a wiki account is in two phase, first create a wiki account,
>  then tell the accountname so it gets write permission

I've tried to enhance the wiki by putting some of this into the
account creation pages asking that humans contact us for write
permission, with a link to the contact us Wiki page
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Contact and I think we've had
some still mixed results.

> * our Roadmap  (currently: BIOS works, UEFI is work in progress )

UEFI mostly works.  Most of the issues from my perspective seem to be
machine-specific negative interactions.

> * Download locations and git repositories.

Not much has changed here except the git repo.  The information is
still on the same Wiki pages.

http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Download
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Development

> * Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

This could get long fast.  Reminders to common FAQ-related Wiki pages perhaps.

> * The Syslinux ML is also the TFTP-HPA mailinglist.
>
> * Help is welcome.
>

> C U
> Eternal September
> --
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

This idea of a monthly status would be in addition to the messages
specific to a topic, ie moving the repo to repo.or.cz.

--
-Gene