[syslinux] EFI: HP + syslinux = crash [ brown paper bag update ]

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 06:22:43 PDT 2015

 > It is also working here; I think this particular PNG issue is fixed.
 >
 > It's worth to mention that the replaced code looks valid to me; that's why I think
 > this is probably some sort of compiler bug. It was really hard to find.
 > We should keep an eye on this issue; it might appear somewhere else.

 Eww.  The original code was merely an empty
 define.  That's pretty nasty.

 Alternatively, we could void them

 -#  define Assert(cond,msg)
 +#  define Assert(cond,msg) ((void)0)

 --
 -Gene
<<<

The empty define should work; actually it did work for many years...

Your just proposed change was my first attempt for solving this but for some
reason it did not work. After testing a lot the only way I've found to solve this
bug was defining a "real" empty function. I know, 100% hacky but it works.

Best,
Patrick