[syslinux] EFI: HP + syslinux = crash [ brown paper bag update ]

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 07:14:38 PDT 2015

 > The empty define should work; actually it did work for many years...
 >
 > Your just proposed change was my first attempt for solving this but for some
 > reason it did not work. After testing a lot the only way I've found to solve this
 > bug was defining a "real" empty function. I know, 100% hacky but it works.

 If the voiding doesn't work, we'll need that function in another 44
 lines of code, spread throughout the source.

 --
 -Gene
<<<

You might be right; I have mentioned before that this bug could probably impact other parts of the code.
So far I'm continually using vesamenu.c32 with PNG images w/o any problem. But the Zlib code
is surely used in many more places!

I really do not know why the compiler is not correctly parsing the void function or if
there is a particular condition that triggers this behavior in this particular case.
This issue is very hard to trace/reproduce/debug/report, etc. a real PITA.

Best,
Patrick