[syslinux] pxelinux tries to load ldlinux.c32 from DHCP server, instead of next-server

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 15:09:48 PDT 2015

 I didn't question the specification, where BOOT field sname or DHCP
 option 66 could be loaded with some string.  I questioned if any
 _implementation_ (ie a PC with PXE OROM) bothers to pay attention to
 sname/66 before BOOTP field siaddr or if a DHCP daemon would set siaddr to 0 while setting sname/66.
 <<<

I have only seen clients prioritizing BOOTP fields to DHCP options.

Best,
Patrick