[syslinux] PXE-Linux like default configuration file selection with syslinux?

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu Sep 17 06:37:56 PDT 2015

Hello,

when booting via pxelinux I can change the image to be booted based on
client uuid, and MAC-Adresses.
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Configuration

Now when using syslinux I would like to be able to also do this as I like to
use one usb flash-drive for booting multiple machines.

Is this possible or impossible by design because syslinux always uses
syslinux.cfg?

Regards

Sven

--
"Every time you use Google, you're using a Linux machine"
                             (Chris DiBona, a programs manager for Google)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web