[syslinux] Pxechn.C32 working under Uefi

jonathan bush shrubies at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 03:41:48 PDT 2015

Hello

    I'm currently working on a project to rolling out a new TFTP boot
    server, for a fairly large infrastructure (>200 servers, >1500
    clients, with heterogeneous configurations/setups). We are using
    Syslinux version 6.03 for all the function within our TFTP server.

    We are using Ubuntu as our main TFTP server for most deployments and
    WDS for our Windows deployments. We can PXE boot from the ubuntu
    TFTP server using both legacy (bios) and Uefi.

    We have pxechn.c32 working with pxelinux.0 to switch between the two
    system, but pxechn.c32 under Uefi come up with the folowing error
    "pxechn.c32: ERROR: Unable to retrieve first packet". I have seen
    that there was a message about this logged on the 28th August 2014 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-August/022611.html,
    and  I would like to know if there have been any updated on this
    problem.

    If I can help by doing some testing that would not be a problem, but
    I can not program. I probably could involve colleagues for in depth
    debugging or programming.

    Many thanks

    Jonathan.