[syslinux] Chaining to pxelinux.0 6.0.3 from iPXE - ldlinux.c32

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Mon Sep 21 15:23:56 PDT 2015

If this is asked before, please point me at the answer, can't find it...

With pxelinux 3.8.6 (or, < 5.x), I was able to chain boot pxelinux.0
from ipxe, having set appropriate values for DHCP options 210 and 209
for the remote file path and the config file.  This doesn't work with 6.0.3.

With 6.0.3, this throws the "failed to load ldconfig.c32" error now.
The files are in the right places, right versions.   If I disable iPXE
and just use TFTP to boot from same location, it loads fine.

I see from logs that no attempt is made to load ldlinux.c32 from ipxe,
via HTTP or even TFTP.   Have tried combinations of preloading
ldlinux.c32 in the ipxe script, changing order of loads, etc, but never
get past this.

Can anyone school me on how to get this to work in the new order of
things?  Do I have to load ldlinux.c32 myself (and maybe other modules),
and if so, how can I get pxelinux to see they're loaded?

Thanks in advance for any advice or redirects.
-Alan