[syslinux] Problem with 90MB Initrd

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 06:51:29 PDT 2015

><<<

>I humbly think this is not a good approach. What happens when the
>transfers are made using i.e. HTTP instead?I see the costs of this
>strategy without seeing the benefits; was this done to marginally
>"simplify" thethe required editing/insertion process when the INCLUDE
>command is found?
>Do you see anything wrong on the alternative approach that i.e. would
>loop around
>"Parsing / Downloading the whole file / Editing"
>starting with the line "INCLUDE /pxelinux.cfg/default" ?
>Sorry for bothering you with this; I'd love to avoid the dependency on
>simultaneous transfers (specially under EFI);
>please forgive me if I'm wrong.
>
>Best,Patrick

I humbly thinks it has worked just fine for 15 years.
<<<
You are definately right; unfortunately this design is now giving us trouble on EFI times.

TCP works the same way, and flow control to the input buffers is an explicit design criterion for both TCP and TFTP.-hpa
<<<
Surely it's my fault but I cannot see the benefits of this design.
Thanks for your time.
Best,Patrick