[syslinux] Changes to get CD to boot on EFI System.

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Mon Apr 4 05:01:42 PDT 2016

Hi,

Jernej Simončič wrote:
> couldn't produce an ISO with the EFI boot image larger than 32MB.
> (I attempted to boot the resulting ISO in VMWare Workstation and
> VirtualBox, but both reported a failure in the firmware.)

The size field for boot images in the El Torito boot catalog is
16 bit and counts blocks of 512 bytes. So it rolls over at 32 MB
if not the ISO producer software is aware.
UEFI states that sizes 0 and 1 shall be interpreted as reaching
up to the end of the storage device.

What software and options did you use to produce the ISO ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas