[syslinux] hdt error on syslinux 6.0.4-pre1?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Apr 4 16:18:22 PDT 2016

Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] hdt error on syslinux 6.0.4-pre1?
To:             	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>,
syslinux at zytor.com
From:           	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
Date sent:      	Mon, 4 Apr 2016 08:06:13 -0700

> On 04/04/16 07:14, Michael D. Setzer II via Syslinux wrote:
> > Was seeing it I could get any closer with the efi boot using the 6.0.4, and
> > didn't have any more luck. Did a test with it in bios mode and it works for the
> > regular kernels, but when I tried the hdt.c32 I get the following error?
> >
> > Undef symbol FAIL: parse_url
> > Failed to load COM32 file hdt.c32
> >

> > Only find urlparce.c in the PXE directory, and no reference to it in any files in
> > the hdt directory. The other c32 programs all seem to work, just the hdt
> > doesn't. Know it is just a testing release, but thought I would mention it.
> >
> > See a lot of talk about issues with the efi booting, so it seems to be an issue
> > that is being worked on, but is well above my knowledge.
> >
> > Thanks to all the developers.
> >

> HDT is BIOS-specific; it will require some pretty big changes to work
> for EFI.

This is in the BIOS mode. I changed all the syslinux files from the 6.0.3 to the
6.0.4 versions when available. (There are a few C32 files that are not
there??). In Virtual Box, the EFI doesn't work at all, but booting in BIOS
mode, the kernels all work as in 6.0.3 and all the C32 options work except
hdt that gives this error?

Thanks again.

> 	-hpa

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    93508184.955695
ROSETTA     42378641.476131   |   SETI        78948334.109332