[syslinux] Syslinux Aarch64 porting

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Wed Aug 10 05:49:54 PDT 2016

Michael Davies wrote:

>Is there any information available on porting Syslinux to 64bit ARM?
>
>Specifically, I have a Cavium ThunderX board (Gigabyte R120-T30) which
>boots using UEFI - b2b.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5864#ov
>
>I'd be very interested in getting this to work, as currently the only
>option for booting on this platform is Grub 2 or EFI Stub. If anyone can
>point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
>
>I'm keen to contribute to work on this port myself as well, but I want
>to hear if any other work on Aarch64 / arm64 has been done.

I'm very curious - what do you expect to gain from porting an x86-only
bootloader to a new platform when there are already functional
portable alternatives?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,