[syslinux] syslinux mkisofs hard-disk-boot isohybrid

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Dec 28 03:58:29 PST 2016

Hi,

Pascal wrote:
> what I'm trying to do is an hdd image that
> contains the necessary to boot in bios/uefi mode

This is a prepared path only for BIOS from optical medium.

The HDD image inside an ISO filesystem simply does not comply to UEFI
specs. OVMF finds the EFI boot file by ignoring those specs.

It might be possible to derive from the SYSLINUX project some x86 MBR
code which hops onto an executable file that is able to find your
HDD image and to hop onto the contained SYSLINUX code for BIOS.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas