[syslinux] binutils (objcopy?) >= 2.26 breaks syslinux (bios) build

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:09:06 PST 2016

> You do not see the downstream bugzilla links provided, Fedora related?

I should had emphasize the main point I was trying to make: the people
responsible of making things work in the respective distros would have
to actually do something with the bug reports (or with whichever
partial information provided in whichever form) in order for the
distros to have their respective packages successfully working for
users.

Generally speaking, in some cases there might be valid reasons for not
acting on the (sometimes partial, sometimes inaccurate, sometimes
confusing, sometimes irrelevant) information provided to package
maintainers, but that's beyond the point I was trying to make - albeit,
I admit I was not particularly clear in my writing.

Since the original issue presented (thanks to Poma) in this email
thread seems resolved regarding The Syslinux Project (except for the
divergence in the Syslinux git repos, but that's another issue now),
all that remains here is to hope that the respective distros will
actually apply the necessary steps to solve it.

Regards,
Ady.