[syslinux] Building a http query string including SMBIOS Serial Number to load a specific kernel

Leandro Becker Lbecker at positivo.com.br
Fri Feb 19 12:07:15 PST 2016

Hello folks,

There is a way to get the system serial number from SMBIOS and pass it
as HTTP query string to get the kernel and initrd?
Something like this:

LABEL OS Download
      MENU LABEL Clonezilla
      MENU INDENT 1
      KERNEL http://192.168.10.10/kernel.php?type=kernel (
http://myserver/kernel.php?SN=SMBIOS_SERIAL_NUMBER&type=kernel
)&SN=SMBIOS_SERIAL_NUMBER
      APPEND
initrd=http://192.168.10.10/kernel.php?type=initrd&SN=SMBIOS_SERIAL_NUMBER
boot=live ...

I found that SYSAPPEND is able to get info from SMBIOS, but there is a
way to accomplish what I'm trying to do, i.e. replace
SMBIOS_SERIAL_NUMBER somehow with the real serial number?
Maybe Menu.c32 have a feature to do something like this?

Best regards,

Leandro Becker