[syslinux] Anyone know whats up with wki?

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Feb 24 23:28:24 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 05:55:57AM -0500, Gene Cumm via Syslinux wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Shao Miller via Syslinux wrote:
> > I don't think the MySQL daemon is running.  I'm looking around for someone
> > who can help.  - Shao
> >
> > P. S. No, I don't like scrolling to read what's most recent. Top-posting
> > forever.  Just kidding.
>
> Nicer clients can fold.  I know GMail's web interface is but one example
>
> > On 2/23/2016 10:10, Michael D. Setzer II via Syslinux wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/The_Syslinux_Project
> >>
> >> Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
> >>
> >> Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.
> >>
> >> (Can't contact the database server: No such file or directory (localhost))

Whoever did the recovery/restore:  Thank you!

You made the difference between
  (Can't contact the database server: No such file or directory (localhost))
and having the Syslinux wiki back on-line.

Yes, that is a compliment, please accepted the compliment.

If people tell you: It is an old backup.
then answer: It is a backup.

If you want to remain "behind the curtain", feel free to do so.

If you want help from me, just ask.
Doing that off-list is also fine, I will treat it confidentially.

Yes, this is a volunteer who steps forward.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Schr�dinger's backup hypothesis: the condition of any backu
undefined until a restore is attempted. -- andrewsh