[syslinux] Anyone know whats up with wiki?

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 07:47:34 PST 2016

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 02:37:58PM +0200, Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> >
> > > Anyway, Wiki is operational, but Dear List: Please report surprises.
> >
> > 1_ At the bottom-center, of each wiki page, there used to be a:
> >  "This page has been accessed 'N' times."
> >
> > message, in which 'N' was a number that (I think) comes from setting:
> >
> > $wgDisableCounters = true;
> >
> > Additionally, there used to be a "Special:PopularPages" page, available
> > as an item at:
> >
> > Special Pages -> Data and Tools -> (Wiki) Popular Pages
> >

> > These two seem to be separate features in the wiki, but of course they
> > are related.
> >

> > 2_ Additional links that are not in the Special Pages wiki page anymore
> > (and they used to be):
> >
> > _ Special Pages -> Lists of pages -> Pages linking to disambiguation
> > pages
> >
> >    ( Special:Disambiguations )
> >
> > _ Special Pages -> Media reports and uploads -> File path
> >
> >    ( Special:ListFiles )
> >
> > _ Special Pages -> High use pages -> Most linked-to templates
> >
> >    ( Special:MostLinkedTemplates )
> >

> > 3_ Additionally, the current layout of the Special Pages wiki page
> > seems to be one column of links (under each section / subtitle of the
> > page). The layout for this page used to be a list of links (under each
> > section) distributed in two columns (not one).
> >
> > This is not critical, but perhaps there are other layouts that used to
> > be different and that now might have some impact on readers, browsers,
> > the presentation of certain wiki pages and so on. So, it would be nice
> > to have a similar layout as it used to be (not just in the Special
> > Pages wiki page, but any other that might have been in use in other
> > pages; I wish I knew more details).
>
> If I Recall Correct: On the left side menu was a link to 'contact' page.

Yes, and it is there now (at the time I am writing this email) too,
under "development".

I was about to add that earlier I saw differences in the "tools" (or
"toolbox", as it used to be named) but apparently it has been solved
too. Great!

> > This is what I have found for now.
> > I hope that these comments might help fully reconstruct the wiki.
>
> +1
>

> And something else:  How was the removal of wiki spam subscribers done?

Whatever was/is done against spammers, I'd rather not see it posted
publicly. That way, spammers have it more difficult to overcome it
(again).

Thank you,
Ady.