[syslinux] Entry selection isn't saved

Stéphane Raimbault stephane.raimbault at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:24:13 PST 2016

Hi,

I installed syslinux 6.0.3 on a UEFI/GPT system with Arch Linux.

My /boot/EFI/syslinux/syslinux.cfg contains MENU SAVE but selected entries
aren't saved.
Just after I hit the Enter key in the syslinux menu, I see efi_adv_write:
Unable to open file \ldlinux.sys, this message isn't displayed
when the boot starts after the timeout (default entry).

My installation didn't have this file so I try to add it with extlinux
--install /boot/EFI/syslinux but the problem still there.

Any ideas?
Thank you,

Stéphane