[syslinux] tftp-hpa features?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Jan 11 08:09:07 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Geert Stappers via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 03:40:37PM -0600, Matt Zagrabelny via Syslinux wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Is this list (a|the best) place to make feature requests for tftp-hpa?
>
> Yes, it is.
>  from email header List-Id: For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa <syslinux.zytor.com>

Excellent! ;)

I would like to propose a feature request of adding filespace ACLs to tftpd-hpa.

Example:

I serve data out of /srv/tftp. I only want clients 192.168.1.0/24 to
have read access to /srv/tftp/data_1 and only want clients
192.168.2.0/24 to have read access to /srv/tftp/data_2.

Configuration:

One could create a new config file and command-line option, but I
believe it could also be done as an extension to the map-file.

Add a new operation letter:

c - indicate an extra client field in this rule

map-file contents:

ec 192.168.1.0/24 ^data_1/
a ^data_1/
ec 192.168.2.0/24 ^data_2/