[syslinux] Embedding com32 modules and ldlinux.sys into one file

Sergii Kolisnyk kolkmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:35:00 PST 2016

Hi, Tal,

could you answer to 2 questions:
- what is amount of ROM you're intending to use?
(actually 8 MB SPI or parallel NOR flash chip
can contain some minimalist Linux distribution)
- which chip do you plan to flash to, motherboard BIOS
or option ROM?

Also, ROMOS comes without a license, so you'll
have to contact the author for commercial usage.
On other hand, ROMDSK is GPLed, and you can just
comply. I would suggest to actually try both.

For ROM disk sizes greater than 62kB, which can't
fit into a window in low memory, you will need to
use some other memdisk code, utilizing either
protected mode or flash controller in IO mode.

You are welcome,
Sergii